Hello my friends, I am so excited about the archive project I could pop…. and this website is the SECOND time in a matter of a few months that I had to build the archive from the ground up. Not because anything was wrong with the first one, but I could quickly see we were outgrowing it by leaps and bounds. An archive needs to be easy to navigate, browse and most of all, SEARCHABILITY is of utmost importance. We now have a permanent home at this self hosted WordPress site and I am officially putting down roots, popping the champagne, and christening her “THE CHOWTALES ARCHIVE”
The site will focus specifically on pre- 1950’s chow images articles and ephemera with the stories to go with them, in an easy on the eyes format. Plans to incorporate all of my findings into a beautiful “image heavy” coffee table book go hand and head with my research for this archive.
The collection that my husband Steve and I have is extensive and the stories behind the photos as I research are mindboggling. I want to extend a big THANK YOU all the chow memorabilia collectors worldwide who have been contributing their own collections and content to the archives . (Contributions are attributed on the archived items on this site. ) Paper photos and articles eventually get tossed in the garbage or deteriorate over time so every tidbit of information I can preserve digitally guarantees it will not be lost to future generations. Your contributions are priceless and most appreciated!!!
HOW TO NAVIGATE THE CHOWTALES™ HISTORY ARCHIVES
There are a number of ways you can search and enjoy the Archives
- You can access all of the search options located at the very bottom right of any page on the website.
- SEARCH USING KEYWORDS-Keyword search box is located at the bottom of every page
- SEARCH BY MONTH/YEAR– Month search box is also located at the bottom of every page
- SEARCH BY RECENT POSTS -Browse through the most recent posts listed just below the slideshow which is at the top of the home page
- SEARCH BY CATEGORY/TOPIC -Click on any of the category navigation links at the top of the page. Most have dropdown menus with more choices within that category
- If you are on a CATEGORY PAGE, you will see the most recent posts in that category much like the homepage. The entire listing of posts in that category will be to the left in red
- If you are on an ARTICLE/POST and have finished reading it, you will find a random selection of OTHER POSTS you may be interested in immediately following the article
- Every article also has a little red PDF icon in the upper right corner. By clicking the icon you can download the page as a PDF to read later
- If you ever feel lost….simply click your ruby slippers together 3 times….. then click HOME at the top left of the site….afterall, “there’s no place like home”
A BIT OF BACKGROUND ABOUT WHY I’M SO DRIVEN TO DO THIS ARCHIVE
Recently, I created a website to showcase my parent’s art from the 1950’s …
was a great experience, learning much from my mom Eunice about their lives, love and business that I had no idea about.
Ever since then I have been mulling over buliding our beautiful chow breed a virtual museum of their own. Even though my husband Steve and I no longer breed or exhibit our CHINAROSE CHOWS today, we feel it is important to remain involved with this breed we are deeply passionate about.
.Check the CHOWTALES FACEBOOK PAGE for updates
Chow for Now…….Sandra Miller,